Red blotch on chest, no itching. Prescribed hydrocortisone cream, no relief. History of sunburn. Treatment?

I have a prefectly square red blotch on my chest that has been there for over 3 mos-I showed it to my physcian who dismissed it as nothing and suggested I use OTC cream with hydrocortisone -It does not itch or cause me any discomfort but I have suffered severe sunburn in my 20 s on my chest several times from beach vacations-Should I insist on seeing a dermatologist . The cream has not made it lessen in color or fade away
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012