Red blood discharge, frequent urination, tissue like membrane. What is it?

Last night I went to the bathroom expecting to urinate and instead bright red blood gushed out with small pieces of tissue-like membrane (around the size of 5c coin, dark red in colour). This morning, same thing happened and continue to experience a heavy peiod flow. My last period was on 24 March. Normally my period is on a 29-30 day cycle and is quite regular, except for the last period which was 3 days late. my period tycally lasts 5-7 days. I am 37 years old.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
thanks for using health care magic

it could be possible you are having your period.

Period could vary and in some cases though still normal

could come a few days early or late.

However, the appearance of tissue like substance warrants

an in dept investigation.

You should consult a doctor for detail examination, pregnancy

testing etc.

Best regards
Dr Achuo