Red blisters on the roof of mouth and throat, swollen tongue with whitish film, breathing trouble. Relief measures?

I m pretty sure my daughter has herpangina (?sp). She has red/white blisters on roof of her mouth and her throat. No hand/ foot sores. Her tongue is pretty swollen and is covered in a whitish film. She s saying she feels like she s having trouble breathing almost like when she s coughing but she doesn t need to cough. Do the sores spread down the throat enough to cause breathing problems? I know this is most likely viral therefore antibiotics won t work but is there something that can be prescribed?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012