Red and swollen temple, have anxiety. Anything to worry about?

I hit my head ont he right side, by the temple. It feels like there is some pressure and it s a bit red and swollen. This occurred last night. I was at the laundry mat and the metal cart has poles on the side. I hit my head, near/on the temple. I didn t cry in pain and I feel ok, overall, but I m nervous, due to the area where it hit. Other than feeling some pressure near where I took the blow (it wasn t a super hard blow), I mostly feel ok. I m an anxious person and have been having some anxiety about it. Should I get checked/is there anything to worry about?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
It can be a hematoma(blood clot) under the skin. Be cautious.If you develop any of the following symptoms then you need to report to the ER immediately.
vomiting, persistent headache, vomiting, drowsiness.
For the time being you can apply ice compresses to the affected area to prevent enhancement and spread of the redness. In addition a mild analgesic like paracetomol -ibuprfen combination willmake you comfortable.
With regards