Red and raised bumps on back of tongue. Sore throat, dry mouth. What is it?

I have had red raised bunps on the back of my tounge for about 3 months now, doctors say its most Likly just my taste buds. Their has also been a white layer on my tounge twoards the back it s not bacterial! I ve re entry noticed on the right side Ive been having a swollen lymph noid right under my jaw. I ve had a very minor sore throat and very bad dry mouth every morning as I wake up and throughout the night. I m a 17 year old male that smoked marijuana daily for 4 years but recently quit two weeks ago. I m very worried that the bumps may be cancerous I ve asked my dentist and he has no idea and wants me to get a biopsy done but I am very poor and don t have an extra thousand dollars lying around. Any suggestions on possibly what is wrong? It s not oral thrush or strep throat , it s not a yeast infection . What is it?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012