Recurring wrist pain on bending backwards, had taken cortisone shot earlier for relief. What could this be?

Hello. My right wrist hurts when I bend it backwards. I had a cortisone shot there (just in the notch at the bottom of the anatomical snuff box close to where a wristwatch sits. The shot made the pain go away for several months and I could bend my wrist backwards. Now the exact same pain is back again. I ve tried ice on and off (not religiously, I admit) along with intermittent use of a splint with thumb spica (again, not religiously). What could this be? Can t bend my hand backwards.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012