Recurring vaginal itching and burning, no relief with nistation cream, trying to conceive, have vaginal pain during intercourse. Remedy?

im a 27 years old lady. I have vaginal itching and burning sensation which is coming and going since 1 year.almost every week i am getting this. I used to apply nistatin cream.but still it is present. Now i am trying to get pregnant.i have pain in vagina during LMP was 26 july 2012. I am ashamed to consult a doctor.what i have to do?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Recurring symptoms of an infection clearly indicate either an inadequately treated infection or an undiagnosed underlying cause resulting in its recurrence. Please consult a doctor ma'am, as this can even affect the process of conception, your sexual life, pregnancy and even possibly your baby. Please do not feel ashamed as there is no shame in such a thing.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.