Recurring tonsil infections, subside with antibiotics, seem to have larger pockets in tonsils. Could this be diet related?

Hello, for the past few years I ve had reoccurring tonsil infections of the same nature. At first when it happened it went away naturally, now I require antibiotics , it seems like this time it is even stronger. I had the talk with my doctor about getting them out but I don t meet the criteria. He noticed I have larger pockets in my tonsils and recommended I rinse them every night. I am currently in water polo, does the chlorine have an affect on them? Could this also be diet related? Something triggering it like a protein powder or what not. They are running cultures in the bacteria and I am waiting for the results. What will this tell me?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012