Recurring tickling in esophagus, tightness in chest throughout the day. Had a sore throat and middle sniffle. How can I overcome this?

Hi I have a tickle in my lower throat/ esophagus region that I 1st noticed a week ago. It only lasted for a day at first but returned yesterday and is with me today. I also have a tightness in my chest but my breathing is not affected and I don t have a cough. The tickle starts around an hour after waking and stays with me all day. It is more annoying than anything. I did wake with an extremely sore throat a couple of weeks ago and have had a mild case of the sniffles so this may be related? I began suffering heartburn around a year ago and it was quite severe at 1st but now is only occasional. I excercise daily and am in reasonable health for a 49 year old however I do like to smoke cigars on the weekend unfortunately. Thanks in advance for your help.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012