Recurring throat infections. Is it due to the problem with the nasal bone? Tonsils removal suggested

I have been suffering from throat infection every 4-6 months.Some doctors have said since my nasal bone has a problem which restricts free flow of air. Hence, the area near the tonsil gets infected. Doctor prescribe CEFTAS-CL and it gives me relief for few months. They have suggested to remove my tonsil for a permanent solution. Please advise whether I really need to remove my tonsil and what would be its repurcussions.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013