Recurring symptoms after sore throat treatment. Negative results for strep and mono. Treatment options?

I had a sore throat . It only hurt on one side, but it hurt for about 8 days. I took antibiotics and the pain and excess saliva went away. That was a week or two ago and the sensation is back. It hurts to swallow even warm water, and I keep having to spit three times the amot in half the time. I was checked for strep and mono and the resulrs came up negative. It feels like snot. (Or something similar) is just constantly dangling between the back or my nose all the way down to my throat. What are my options? What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012