Recurring strep throat. Done tonsillectomy. Now nausea, jumping feeling in chest. Effect of anesthetic?

Hello! I m 22 years old, female, and in good health aside from having recurring strep throat for several months. Yesterday I underwent a tonsillectomy under general anaesthesia . When I was coming to I was slightly nauseated, and it felt like something was periodically jumping up into my chest . I couldn t tell if it was my stomach or if I might have been having heart palpitations. I mentioned it to the recovery room nurses, who didn t seem concerned because my vital signs and everything else was normal. This sensation continued to occur last night and today, although it hasn t happened as often today. Could this be an effect of the anaesthetic?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012