Recurring soft lump on the vagina, white and red, burns on slightest touch, appears before or after the period. What could it be?

It is now red and white on the top and it hurts like a thousand knives in it. It burns every time I pee. Do you happen to know what it may be? It s not an STD . I thought it was a Bartholin s Cyst but it isn t. I get these frequently before or after my period. It s usually just a soft lump and it eventually drains and disappears. And it did drain but it filled up again and now it is white and red, kind of like a scrape. It burns at even the slightest touch.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely bartholinitis.Warm towel application will give you relief.Antibiotics will be needed to clear up the infection.For my patients i recommend to use intimate wash to normalize vaginal bacterial flora and there by preventing further infection.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.