Recurring rogue fevers with severe groin pain. Deduced swollen lymph node. Any scan required?

Hi, my son is 7 and since he was 3 or 4 he gets what I call rogue fevers . He becomes lethargic and miserable but there are no symptoms of infection. No signs of illness at all. As he s gotten older he s been able to express that these occur in tandem with severe groin pain. Jis pediatrician deduced it to be a swollen lymph node. My concern is this. It seems to reoccur every six months, more or less, and he has NO injuries or infections in his legs, feet , or hips. So what is going on? And why has his doc not scheduled a scan of that area to rule out a tumor?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013