Recurring redness on penis. No itching or pain. Bacterial or fungal infection?

I have a reoccuring blothcy, flat redness that shows up on my penis every now and then. There is no definite shape to the rash and it is by no means just one patch of redness. It is a somewhat faint redness, occuring in almost a streak like formation. Happens almost every week and then mysteriously dissapears. I tried moisturizing it and it did improve for a small amount of time, but then just comes back. There is no itch to it, hardly any pain. I think I m just mostly uncomfortable with it being there since I havent gone to the doctors. I m thinking that it could be bacterial...or fungal ....? Thanks for the help.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012