Recurring red spots on head of circumcised penis. Sometimes itch, slight burning sensation. What could it be?

I have reoccurring red spots on the head of my circumcised penis , usually on the under side. They are not always in the same place. Sometimes they come for a few days, then they leave, and seem to come back randomly. Sometimes spots will occur after (unprotected) sex, but those ones seem like they go away in a short period of time or over night. The spots are never really raised. They aren t like blisters. They don t puss up or pop or scab over. Sometimes there is an itch or slight burning sensation. They are unsightly and take a toll on my mind more than anything else. I haven t had unprotected sex with anyone other than my girlfriend for about the last year. I usually shy away and refrain from sexual activity when they do occur until they are virtually unnoticeable. They started appearing maybe 3-4 months ago.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013