Recurring, red, itchy bumps on the pubic area. No relief with cortisone, neosporin. How can I fix this?

Hi, I have some small red itcy bumps on my pubic hairs. I have been washing with bacteria soap, putting hot towels and neosporin on them. It cools it for awhile, but starts back. My OB/GYN doctor told me had me to put cortison cream on it, but it doesn t stop the itch , neosporin is better, but only for a short time. Now my OB/GYN doctor says go to a skin doctor. Wouldn t my family doctor be able to help with this? I am 60 and need help now. Going to a new doctor wouldn t get me in right away. Could you please help with this?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012