Recurring pseudomonas infection in lungs. Have COPD and emphysema. Prevention?

i have a psodamonus infection in my lungs why does it keep reoccuring? I had it a year ago September. We do have a swiming pool only in use in the summer. I had an abcess in my lung which has left me vulnarable it was 10 years ago. I have copd and empysemia. I am 61 and very ctive. What can I do to keep this from reocurring. I am on preventive antifingal meds 100 mg daily of Voriconazole. Iam not taking them while on levaflocsin for sudamonus. I have been on 750 mg for 14 days. How long should I been on them for? I am on 15 mgs of pedazone will go down to 10 in three days
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013