Recurring pimples on pubis area, swollen, red, painful. Acne medicines not helping. How to remove?

I am a 64 year old female, overweight. For the past couple of years I get periodic boil type pimples on my pubis area. They get swollen, red and quite painful until they drain - but then come back again after awhile. I just recently finished a 3 week course of Augmentin 875 and 12 days of Prednisone for a bad sinus infection - which also cleared up my pubis area. After a month off the antibiotic, I just got another one a few days ago. I have tried using acne medicine down there but doesn t seem to help much. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013