Recurring penis infection, cracking foreskin, white spots on penis head. What do I have?

I have a reoccurring issue with a penis infection. The symptoms tend to be cracking of the foreskin and white spots on the head of my penis. At times it can be quite painful. This problem has only occurred since I ve been having sex with my partner of the last 2 years. We have both been to the STD clinic and it has previously been put down to thrush, although on many occasions my partner claims they found nothing at all. We both treat the symptoms with creams and oral tablets. My personal hygiene is good as based on the Dr s advice I ve stopped using body washes and I naturally dry my genitals throughout every morning. I m currently re-infected and I assumed Thrush and was prescribed the usual creams by the Pharmacist. this has tackled the symptoms. however my partner visited the STD clinic who found nothing except Staphylococcus aureus which i understand is not infectious or responsible for my recurring symptoms. With the above in mind I d like to get some advice on what i might have as the STD clinic results generally come back all clear and what I should/ could do next to treat this irritating problem?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013