Recurring paronychia on fingers, redness and swelling, tender, no drainage. Taking antibiotics, doing soaking with epsom salts. Recovery time?

Hi I have had a paronychia on my finger for 4 weeks. I think it came from a manicure. I Was on Doxycycline 100 mg bid, after nursing it myself for a week, but didnt take it correctly, i.e. took it with milk, and didnt finish the course of antibiotics .. The infection went away, but a week later came back worse. Was put on doxycycline again, and have been taking it correctly for past 4 days. It is very red and somewhat swollen. Tender. No drainage now although there was some drainage several days ago. Soaking in hot water with epsom salts. How long should I expect this to last? And is there anything else I should do. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  135 Awaiting Answer