Recurring pain in left testicle, one testicle hangs horizontally, the other vertically. Causes for pain?

Well My left testicle has been having slight pain on and off for a year or two it has been happening more frequently now. The pain only lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes. There aren t any bumps or anything to make me think it might be cancer but today I just realized that the left one hangs horizontal and the right one hangs vertical. Sometimes the left one seems like it can move more freely than the other. So what is the explanation on all of this.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012