Recurring pain in both legs and groin area. What is the problem?

Have a recurring pain in both legs at the top of the leg near the groin - what feels like along the joint . It s more severe in the left, but affects both legs. It s at its worst when I ve been sat down for a long time and then go to get up - bearing weight can be almost unbearable for the first minute or so. The pain can sometimes also be felt in the knee and down to the shin, radiating from the joint at the top of the leg. I m 20, female, fairly active, stand at work all day and take the occasional run (although the pain never seems to be any better or worse after the run).
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Pain such as you are experiencing can come from the hip joint. They pain that you have when you get up to walk is called start-up pain. The fact that you have pain when you are sitting is concerning for a condition called femoroacetabular impingement. I would seek you Dr's advice and at the least you should have an X-ray of your hips. In the meantime an anti-inflammatory medication may be of benefit.