Recurring miscarriage, recent one due to low heart beat as a result of gestational diabetes. Does it affect the fetus in first trimester?

Dear Sir, My wife Age 26 She got 4 miscarriage in the last 3.5 years and everything in 5-6 weeks. First time fetal identified, second time only SAC , third time only SAC & this time fetal with low heart bet. Doctor done all the screening , one time laprascopy done for diagnosing the bycaryotic utres. Rest of all the things are normal for her. But last time low heart beat finally in the 6th week heart beat stopped, doctor said this is because of gestation diabetes. Is it Gestational diabetes will affect the featl in 6th week.? Every time she gor pregnant in out 2-3 contact alone. Is it any the chromosomal defects is the reason. Now doctor informed me to do caryotic type for futher analysis. We wonder for if any chromosomal abnormalities since all are saying this is not treatable. Kindly give your positive reply.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013