Recurring lump under chin. Taken antibiotics. History of surgical removal. Reason for recurrence?

Hi! In Jan. 2012 I noticed a lump under my chin (about an inch to an inch-and-a-half in diameter). Went to the doc and got on an antibiotic and it didn't change a thing. The lump stayed the same size until late April when it swelled to the size of a tennis ball and had a strong throbbing pain. I went to the doc again and tried more rounds of stronger antibiotics before getting a CT-Scan which revealed an infection. The doc said it was probably something I was born with and I had surgery and had it removed in June 2012. Now it's' been back for the last 2 months and is the going back and forth between 1-2 inches in diameter. What could be causing something like this? The last surgery cleaned me out financially because of poor health insurance so I'm hesitant to go back to a doc.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013