Recurring loss of the same toe nail successively, falls around the same time every year, no pain, bruising or bleeding. What is the cause?

I have mysteriously lost the same toenail 3 times now. I have not damaged or bruised it or have any fungus (that I can tell) It just seems to fall off around the same time each year (summer). The first time, I was really racking my brain to remember if I hurt it, but it was never sore or bruised. Then the second time, I wondered if something was wrong with the nail bed being damaged, but it s like the new nail was already 1/2 grown & pushed the old nail off. Now that it has happened the 3rd time I am starting to be concerned. Again, no pain or bruising, it never turned a different color, doesn t bleed at all when it comes off. I looked into runners toenail & a fungus, but that doesn t seem to match, I really have no symptoms other than the nail itself coming off.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012