Recurring knee problems, cracking pop sound with minor pain on bending, climbing, subsides on stretching. What is the cause and alternative remedy?

Hello Dr Siegel, My name is Ruby Jaitly and I am 33 year of age. Since last year i starting noticing some knee joint problems. Kindly advice me . I am very apprehensive and not able to speak to anyone on this due to social reasons. Symtoms i noticed- Initially i felt crackling pop sound with some minor pain while bending knee - this arised after one day i had gone to disco with high heels. initially also i use to feel slight amount of pain on particular angle while bending knee not in general posture but i were to try walking down stairs again minor, It goes away sometimes when i rest and do walking and strch myslef. but now i feel i have similar slight pain while i climed with putting pressure on knee ONLY...otherwise. I started to read online about artherites, osteoartherities etc , sysmtoms i am quite under pressure whats happeing to me , though i have read natural remedies with Yoga are very helpful and medicine itslef has no cure for breaking of cartiliges - PLEASE Guide me -
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012