Recurring knee problems, arthritic pain, swollen knees, pain radiating to hips, feet causing painful, slow walking. What can it be?

Hi, I have been suffering with knee problems for over two years. My cartilage and bone scans seem ok, but i am regularly experiencing arthritic pain, swollen knees and pain radiating into the feet and hips. Both knees are completely faced in now and even walking is painful and slow. I am due to meet a second orthpaedic surgeon in a month for a second opinion but what else can it be? I am 40 years old and female.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012