Recurring itchy, red swollen bumps, temporary relief with medicines, history of blood transfusion. Could that be related?

Hi I have itchy red swollen bumps like hives that keep coming back.have been to the doctor numerous times,and just get told its an allergy and given a dose of anti histamines.bumps are not itchy while takin the meds but are back as bad as ever once I m finished them.had a blood transfusion two and a half years ago following a c section,just wondering would it be anything to do with this??this is an ongoing thing for a year or more now.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012