Recurring itchy lump on the arm, gradually increasing in size and spreading towards the implanon. Is the implanon causing reaction on the skin?

The other day I came across a heat lump typed thing on my arm , Its was quite large and soon after i realised it was near the opposite end of my implant, to where it was fitted. I have now got it again and it is itching quite badly. I was just wondering if the implant could be doing something under my skin and causing a reaction? I ve had the implant for roughly 2 years now. also, the arm it is on is achey.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012