Recurring itchy bumps on labia minora. How can I prevent them?

Hi. I have an itch on my labia minora . It only itches when touched. They are small and look like swollen taste buds. They are the same color as my labia and I have no irregular discharge . I am a virgin of 17 and I might start my period soon. I get these bumps from time to time and I am just wondering what they are and how to prevent them or stop them from itching. I worry about if they are something serious so can someone please tell me what they are?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012