Recurring hypothyroid symptoms post iodine contrast, severe hair fall, lack of concentration, lethargy, joint pain. How long will the effects last?

Hi, I have hypothyroidism which is managed very well on Armour thyroid . 6 weeks ago i had to have a CT scan with iodine contrast and ever since then i have felt absolutely awful with a return of all my hypothyroid symptoms. In particular my hair is falling out in handfuls, I cannot concentrate, i am lethargic and my joints hurt. I had my thyroid hormones measured the day after and my tsh had increased from 1.05 to 6.9, my t4 was low and my t3 wasnt measured. I understand this is all probably linked to the excess iodine i received in my scan but i wondered how long these effects last and what I can do in the mean time, I have increased my armour dose but am still noticing huge hair loss , Please advise
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  172 Awaiting Answer