Recurring hiccups lasting 2 days

I am having a irregular hick ups since past two days how can i be relieved of this ?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Feb 2012
Hi Hicoughs are due to spasmodic contractions of the diaphragm (the muscle sheet that separates the chest from the abdomen) and is set off commonly due to severe gas and acidity. But it is also a sign of kidney disease. Please take over the counter medicines for gas, acidity, domperidone .plus an antispasmodic medicine. This should relieve the attacks. There are other drugs that can only be taken with doctor's prescription like --Baclofen, anti epilepsy drugs(used for fits), chlorpromazine etc. You can also try these natural methods---breath holding, sip iced water, swallow granulated sugar, or tickle the outer ear. These may abort the attack. Hope my answer addresses your query completely. Regards.