Recurring feeling of scratching in throat, suspicion of swallowing a bone. Treatment required?

I ate some fried chicken approx. 12 hours ago and I think I may have swallowed a bone. I went to bed with the slight sensation that something was either working its way down my throat or had scratched it. That evening I had some water, smoked a cigarette and it nothing seemed to make my symptoms any worse. When I woke up the sensation had passed. I had a cup of coffee and oatmeal this morning with no issues and started my day. After drinking some water later in the day, the sensation reappered. I don t feel any severe pain, but i still do feel a slight irritation in my throat. Does this warrant taking a sick day at work and taking an emergency trip to my doctor? I know to go to the ER if I begin to feel significant pain in either my throat or stomach , but I don t want to spend hundreds of dollars on co-pays & tests to find out I m just an anxious person. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013