Recurring episodes of rapid pulse, rise in temperature, sweating causing difficulty in moving or talking. History of gastric bypass. Cause?

I am a 39 year old female and for the few months, about 2 times a month I have had episodes where I feel like I am going to pass out but never actually have. My pulse will race, my temp rises and I can t stop sweating. I can barely function enough to get to a couch or bed. Thankfully there seems to be enough warning that it s happening that I can be somewhere safe. But when it hits, moving and even talking feel like they drain my energy even more. They last about 15-20 minutes but I don t feel 100% for about 24 hours. I m concerned about heart issues as my mother died at 48 from heart disease. I had gastric bypass 2 years ago but can honestly say I ve been very strick about following all guidelines and maintaining a healthy life style.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012