Recurring episodes of congestive heart failures. Suggestions to prevent future occurrence?

My 89 year old mother has went into congestive heart failure 4 times in the last 3months. The 1st time she was sent home from the hospital even though her abdomen & legs were swollen. She had been given 3days of iv fluids and her heart was unable to get rid of the excess. I took her back to the hospital the next day and lasics was given to flush out The fluid. She had a flair up of diverticulitis 2 weeks later and the drastic fluid loss caused cgf. During that stay, they decided to give her a colonoscopy to determine if her diverticulosis was causing her anemia. The prep was terrible and the stress placed on her body caused her to go into cgf afib . A few weeks later she pulled a muscle in bed and suffered great blood loss (she was taking coumarin) and once again went into afib and cgf. She is presently doing well but I want to know as much as I can about cgf and if you have any suggestions on preventing future episodes.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013