Recurring episode of numerous dots flying around vision, evident on a clear background, occasional hazy vision on looking at closer things. Tests normal. What could be the cause?

Hi, for about 6 months now I see dots flying around my vision . Each dot doesn t move overly far maybe a foot or so randomly in any direction but there are hundreds maybe thousands of them. They initially were black dots now they are more clear than anything. It is more evident on a clear background, especially when it is bright. No idea what could be causing them. Also i find my vision almost seems hazy sometimes, especially when looking at something relatively close to me... 20 feet or so. The eye doc says my eyes are fine. No clue what is going on.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012