Recurring epileptic attack after stopping medicines. Which test will ensure end of epilepsy?

My son aged 34 years is an epileptic patient from the age of 10 years. He is taking Tegretol-CR 200mg twice a day. It is tapered of from 3 times a day to twice a day.When he stopped the medicine he had attack thrice earlier, His EEG is normal. We are afraid of stopping the medication . He had attack few years backHe works in US and drives car daily. Please advise Which test will ensure that he does not have any epileptic problem and can stop medication..Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013