Recurring digestive problem, excessive gas, cramping, burning sensation in stomach, nausea, diarrhea. Suggest?

I have a recurring digestive problem: excessive gas, some cramping and burning sensation in stomach and abdomen, nausea, some diarreah and loss of appetite blood in stool may be from food but not certain because it won t go away...visited gastroenterologist ...he suggested that I schedule endoscopy and colonoscopy ...not sure what this is intended to reveal though...need to address the problem you suggest an alternative first course of action to help solve this problem? Diet change...taking zantac and tums now without much improvement.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012