Recurring cough, wbc 3.8, esr -24. Blood test done. Antibiotics prescribed. Advise?

Hi my daughter 4.5 years old, had a cough for a week, gave cough bottle, didnt go to the doc, she stopped coughing and was fine for a week, got cough again. Paediatrician prescribed 7 day course of antibiotics, on the same day took her bloods, everything was in normal range except for WBC 3.8 and ESR -24. After a weeks course of antibiotic she was fine for 2 days then started coughing again, so back to the doctor and on another antibiotic (azithromycin 200mg/5ml)
She said she was really not happy with her low WBC and to repeat tests in a month as her immune system is down at the moment due to infection. I'm after google'ing low WBC and getting seriously stressed about bone marrow cancer and leukaemia. Do we have to wait for a month for repeat blood tests?
My daughter is rarely sick and seems a really healthy and active child, even now when she is sick she's happy and has great appetite. But I'm really worried about this situation. I thought that when you get sick, WBC should go up instead of down
Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013