Recurring cough due to allergy. Some relief with antibiotic, prednisone. Permanent solution?

Good morning , I ve been having this annoying cough for nearly a year , been to my family doctor a few times he then gives me an anitbiotic and prednisone . This only stays away for at least a week to 2 weeks then its back. i keep getting told that its an allergy . i need a more permanent solution , i cant handle the cough as it feels as if i m coughing my lungs out and its very irritating to the next person. Also it starts off as a normal dry cough then I become wheezy chesed within an half an hour.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012