Recurring canker sores in mouth, red spots on the back of throat, no fever. Trying to get off affrin nasal spray, on saline. What is the cause?

my daughter has had repeated canker sores in her mouth and red spots on the back of her throat for about three weeks now. we thought it was hand , foot and mouth but now think different. she now has them on her tongue and roof of mouth. has no fever or has not felt sick at all., however she s trying to get off affrin nose spray and is on half saline and about half affrin now.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012