Recurring bump near the scrotum, redness over the perineum causing pain. Is it serious?

I have a bump and I can see it clearly and it is a little red where my taint is but it is kind of close to my nut sack. I had it before then it went away and it came back and then got a little bigger then started hurting and now it is starting to go away again what is it and what should I do is this bad or something not to worry about?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Hello.Thanks for the question.In view of symptoms it seems this is recurrent focal skin infections.Usually causative factor is bacterial infection.Treatment with local antibiotic cream would be helpful. If it gets significantly large in size then surgical drainage may be needed.Hope this answers your question.Regards.