Recurring boil, pimple between labia, crease of leg, white pus, blood on popping, warm to touch, inflamed, soreness. Ingrown hair?

I have a reacurring boil/ pimple that appears between my labia & the crease of my leg. It was been coming & going since I had my child in 09. It is very sore, has fever , & will leak white pus & blood when popped. It normally gets better after I pop it & It normally appears in the same general area, the hair has stopped growing in on one of the spots where it has occurred the most. & when you feel the area you can feel where it has made a whole under the skin (about a centimeter wide) I havent had one in about six months but 3 days ago I noticed one coming in. Today, It was very inflammed & sore. I barely mashed on it & this time it was a grey pus with blood. What should I do?? Besides this I dont have any other symptoms that would indicate an infection, & I recently had a PAP that came back normal. I have been to my PCP about this, but she tells me it is an ingrown hair & that it will heal. OF COURSE IT HEALS, BUT IT ALWAYS COMES BACK!!! I neeeeeed some answers! (I do normally shave my vaginal area with a razor, but after she told me it was an ingrown hair I stopped & started using a trimmer for about 3 months & STILL had them appear! I this is actually the first one Ive had since I started using a razor again 6 months ago which is why I do not believe its an ingrown hair) can anyone help???!!!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Welcome to healthcare magic,
What you are having seems like recurrent boils ( furuncles). It is an infection of hair follicles. Minor trauma like shaving and scratching can introduce infection into the follicle. You need to rule out diabetes as recurrent boils is seen more commonly in diabetics. Show a dermatologist so that she will do a pus culture and sensitivity to identify the bacteria and treat you for the carrier state as some of these bacteria can remain in your body dormant to come up once in a while.
Hope this helped