Recurring bad breath, prone to dental plaque, swollen gums, good dental hygiene. Remedy?

hello doctor, i have been facing foul breath for many years now. Though, some days it is there and some days it is not. I am prone to dental plaque and occasionally my gums also swell . I do not have any other problems like diabetes or constipation . But i do experience flatulence . I brush my teeth twice a day and scrape my toung every time. What should i do to stop bad breath? And also how can i check myself, if i have bad breath?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012