Recurring acne. Reduced after applying medicines leaving red scars. How to prevent acne?

Hi, I am 31 years old female. For the last one year I have been having severe problem with acne . I ve never had acne as a teenager or anytime before this. Initially I used salicylic acid facewash 2.5%, alongwith 2.5% benzac AC which seemed to reduce the acne considerably in a month. However, the acne recurred and the same medication did not work again. Right now for the last one week I have been using prescription medicine as follows: 1: deriva MS - applied all over face for 1-2 hrs. 2: benzoyle peroxide facewash 4% twice a day. 3: faceline+benzac 2.5% combination on the comedones every night. Now the comedones have come down but have instead become flatter and my face looks really red all over. How do I get rid of these red scars and how do i prevent further acne?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012