Recurrent typhoid, took treatments, still S-t and P-t in Widal are always high, non-conclusive. Solution ?

My wife was diagnosed for having typhoid in feb-2012. In Widal, both the S-tyhhae and P-typhae were in the proportion 1:160. She was given Azithromycin with other antibiotic for 10 days. the count reduced to 1:40 in both cases. Doctor suggested to continue the medication for another 5 days and no need to test further. Again after 3 months she felt some mild fever and on pathological investigation, her S-t and P-t found to be 1:160 and 1:80 respectively. Again she was given the same medicine. During dec-12 same thing happened. This feb-13 as again she felt feverish for 7 days we went for test and the result is same (S-t and P-t -1:160 and 1:80 resp.) The doctor suggested that no need to go for tests as such positive report comes in all cases and Widal is not conclusive. As she was having some cold the physician prescribed anti allergic with antibiotic vig. cefixime and azithro combination. The symptom she only feels feverish, mild mostly in night. No vomitting, no pain in the abdomen . Kindly advise.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013