Recurrent loss of voice, cough in mornings post neck injury, thyroid surgery done. Cure?

I keep losing my voice for almost 9 weeks now. I had thyroid surgery in 2006 with no complications . Feb 14th, I had an auto accident that left my neck on the left side (where the seat belt grabbed) very sore and swollen for 2 weeks. During those two weeks, I had a bad cold with constant cough and nasal drip and lost my voice. I still keep losing my voice as soon as it begins to sound normal again and still wake up coughing in the mornings. Why won t this issue clear up?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012