Recurrent flaring of diverticulitis after treatment, mild pain in lower abdomen. US showed uterine fibroid. Could that be the cause?

I have been dealing with diverticulitis this year since April 24. I got well from that episode in July. Was great until end of October and had a mild case that cleared up with antibiotics. I had another flare up after Xmas this year. Took ceftin for 14 days and even though I am better I still have pain on the lower right side of my abdomen. I had a colonoscopy at the end of July and I do not have diverticula on the ascending colon . He did remove a small non-cancerous polyp in that location though. I am concerned about the pain on the lower right. I do not have fever. I had a US yesterday and they found a 1.2 centimeter uterine fibroid and my dr said that could possibly cause the pain and to see my OB/GYN. I am a 59 year old female. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013