Recurrent fever with chills, temporary relief with Paracetamol, tests detected free fluid in peritoneal cavity. Had taken treatment for typhoid. Is it serious?

Hi, Female aged 29yrs and a mother of 1year boy.I am suffering from high fever (101-102 F) for the past two weeks. I went one doctor and she made me through some tests and decided as typhoid and treated accordingly. It just looked reducing for that week when I am on typhoid medication . Later the fever was not in control again even after taking typhoid course. Initially temperature was mostly in the night time with shivering and later it was all the time. If I can take parectomal 650 as prescribed by doctor. I can feel ok for 4-5 after that i agian see symptoms of fever and shivering. I changed the doctor and again made me through so many tests and confirmed that you have no typhoid or any kind of fevers. And said, You have free fluid in peritoneal cavity. And prescribed AAAAAAA oz for that. I would like to know is this a serious problem that i have to take extra care and what could be the reasons for this. Please help
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012